Xcelerate Solutions - Great people | Glassdoor

"Great people"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked on a contract where I was the only consultant on the project. My biggest concern going in was that I would be off on an island without the necessary support to be successful. As it turns out, the people supporting me were incredible. I don't recall a situation where someone didn't answer my call. They were very responsive.

The benefits were very good. Great people with strong leadership. Lots of great energy.

Cons

Having worked for consulting firms of varying sizes, I recognize that the smaller companies can't provide everything that the larger firms can. But if I was to list anything...I would really be nitpicking. Ok...Education re-imbursement. Its pretty decent, but only so much a smaller firm can do.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart and motivated people.

Other Employee Reviews for Xcelerate Solutions

"An outstanding company to work for that is innovative and growing"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is forward looking to find trends and ride them up. They invest in their consultants and support them.

Cons

Only focuses on IT solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Purpose-Driven, Client-Focused, Family-Oriented"

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate is a purpose-driven, client- focused, and family-oriented organization that demonstrates a commitment to excellence.

Purpose-Driven: The company was founded on September 11, 2009, with a mission centered on Making America Safer by providing support services to the Government that enhance the security of the personnel, physical, and cyber infrastructure. Each program that Xcelerate supports contributes to this mission and Xcelerate focuses on finding employees who are passionate about serving.

Client-Focused: In each client engagement, Xcelerate brings to bear thought leaders who are dedicated to serving their clients’ needs. With more than 200+ projects served, Xcelerate has demonstrated a commitment to getting the job done, taking on their clients’ missions as their own.

Family-Oriented: They take care of their employees, recognizing stellar performance by providing opportunities for bonuses, MVP awards, company events, and other incentives. The organization is one of the most transparent and welcoming places I have had the opportunity to work. I was a referral to the organization and was immediately impressed from the first interview and throughout onboarding with the company. The family feel and atmosphere starts at the top with Mark Drever (CEO), who focuses on leading an organization that stresses collaboration and is committed to providing support to their employees in any way they can. In addition to taking care of their employees, they are deeply supportive of the local community. The organization’s volunteer organization is led by a great team of energetic and passionate individuals that work with a number of non-profit organizations in the area. Through and through, this is a unique organization that I have been lucky enough to have a chance to work for and build a career with.

Cons

Not many. There are challenges within any organization, especially with Federal Consulting firms but Xcelerate’s Leadership Team provides the guidance and support to get past these barriers

Advice to Management

Continue the great work and investing in your people. The culture you have built is what sets you apart from the competition.