Xerox - Xerox, a good way to get ahead elsewhere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Xerox, a good way to get ahead elsewhere."

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Albany, NY

Pros

Xerox is a great place to have on your resume. Since I worked there approximately 2 years and then put my resume out there I usually get a call back right away. Also, the division I worked with used a lot of different vendors so my experience was very broad.

Cons

The direct management was abysmal. They were very talented and knew what they were talking about. But had zero people or management skills.

Advice to Management

Make sure the people you put over others want to be there and know how to do the job requested of them.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "Great people, lousy benefits."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Webster, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Webster, NY

Pros

Xerox offers many quality opportunities for professional development. All employees are expected to complete Xerox Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training. Any employee can choose to take the online poriton of Green Belt training. Attending the classroom portion requires management sponsorship and a Green Belt project. Xerox also offers $10,000 annual tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate studies.

Cons

Internal business processes could use some work. In some areas, although existing business practices have worked adequately for quite some time, when compared with best practices of other companies, one realizes that Xerox could do much, much better. Infighting between groups is a problem.

And then there are the health benefits. I used to have what I would consider good benefits - HMO with an employee contribution for part of the cost. Then Xerox made some big changes - a deductable equal to 4% (for a family, 2% for an individual) of your salary. After paying 100% of all health costs up to 4% of salary, then we paid 20% of all further health costs. For the privelege, we paid a hefty increase in premium over our previous HMO coverage.

The deductable was later lowered to 2% for families, 1% for individuals. Still, I feel that I have glorified hospitalization insurance with a premium much higher that I used to pay for Blue Cross HMO.

The employee portion of the premium did not increase this year (for the first time since the changes were implemented). Somehow, though, I do not feel gratitude for that small blessing. The resentment I feel over the onerous restructuring of my health benefits still overshadows most of the positive feelings I have about Xerox. Despite having been promoted more than once since starting with Xerox, adjusting for inflation and decreases in benefits, my compensation is essentially flat. The unexpected and heavy burden of health care costs that resulted from Xerox's health care changes have had a long-lasting negative effect on my financial health. I used to be willing to go the extra mile for Xerox. I don't feel that way any more.

Advice to Management

Talk is cheap. Show in meaningful ways that you value employees.

2. "Xerox, swirling the drain!"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

To work with some of the quality people that are still around,unfortunately that is dwindling.

Cons

VRIFS,IRIFS,a belief that the company will either go under or sell out and forsake all the good employee's that are left. Xerox holds itself out that it has a good service force but treat the service force like they are easily replaceable which leads to poor morale and eroding away of the customer base.

Advice to Management

Firstly, decide if you want the cheapest service force you can have or keep the good people and treat them properly, produce quality equipment again, like fixing issue's when they are brought up instead of putting band aid's on the issue's, which do knowbody any service.