Xerox - The stepping stone | Glassdoor

"The stepping stone"

Current Employee - Learning and Development in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Learning and Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was employed with Xerox for 4 1/2 years and enjoyed the Training position. I had great co workers and for the most part a great boss. The company is a bastion for low wage workers and the needs of the business outweigh all cognitive judgement.

Cons

They are extremely unprofessional and have absolutely no loyalty to those who dedicate their lives to work of the highest order. You will always be overworked and underpaid, so get used to it. In the proverbial "This economy" scapegoat employers use, get accustomed to that being a constant pitch. Never be naive, because if you believe you have seen it all from your last JOB this will bring on a whole new set of experiences. GOOD LUCK!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you can get away with because no one will do anything about it. I will continue to fight for a voice of those that are silently oppressed.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "great company, undergoing many changes"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people
    decent products
    sales processes are still above average

Cons

management changes,
    low pay
    complicated business processes

"Still here and its gotten worse"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Client Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is great.
    Great printing products and services.
    Co-workers are good people to work with, despite the negative impact of declining morale.

Cons

-I reviewed almost 3 years ago, and little has changed. I believe things have gotten worse and can be summed up in 2 words - PAY CUTS. That's right, pay cuts, while Ms. Burns steadily rakes in the dough, sitting haughtily at State of Addresses with the President of the United States. Involuntary leaves and stack ranking is ridiculous as well. At the slow rate that employees are being developed, if at all, pay cuts, IRIFs, using contract workers and increased workloads, there will be no one left except sales people and managers. It baffles me that selling boxes is more valuable to this company than selling services. Services is what convinces customers to buy the products. Management has no (or bad?) direction and business direction is never clear. How can you build if you don't give any direction? The company is all screwed up, looking good on paper but losing customers and product satisfaction at an exponential rate.

-Many associates have never met their managers face to face.

-Performance evaluations are non-existent.

-Benefits are increasingly becoming terrible. Employees are being juiced for blood like turnips, until dried up and then discarded, but never replaced.U

-Upper level management is too concerned with saving and increasing revenue at the expense of keeping good employees. They don't seem to realize that the less people they have to manage, they too will be out of a job!

Advice to Management

Get rid of Ursula Burns! Look for every opportunity to sell services, not just boxes. Other companies are beating us to the punch because Xerox is only concerned with clicks and impressions. Look for the big fish and long haul in selling the whole enchilada!