Xerox - Still here and its gotten worse | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Still here and its gotten worse"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Client Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is great.
Great printing products and services.
Co-workers are good people to work with, despite the negative impact of declining morale.

Cons

-I reviewed almost 3 years ago, and little has changed. I believe things have gotten worse and can be summed up in 2 words - PAY CUTS. That's right, pay cuts, while Ms. Burns steadily rakes in the dough, sitting haughtily at State of Addresses with the President of the United States. Involuntary leaves and stack ranking is ridiculous as well. At the slow rate that employees are being developed, if at all, pay cuts, IRIFs, using contract workers and increased workloads, there will be no one left except sales people and managers. It baffles me that selling boxes is more valuable to this company than selling services. Services is what convinces customers to buy the products. Management has no (or bad?) direction and business direction is never clear. How can you build if you don't give any direction? The company is all screwed up, looking good on paper but losing customers and product satisfaction at an exponential rate.

-Many associates have never met their managers face to face.

-Performance evaluations are non-existent.

-Benefits are increasingly becoming terrible. Employees are being juiced for blood like turnips, until dried up and then discarded, but never replaced.U

-Upper level management is too concerned with saving and increasing revenue at the expense of keeping good employees. They don't seem to realize that the less people they have to manage, they too will be out of a job!

Advice to Management

Get rid of Ursula Burns! Look for every opportunity to sell services, not just boxes. Other companies are beating us to the punch because Xerox is only concerned with clicks and impressions. Look for the big fish and long haul in selling the whole enchilada!

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"ACS division for Exede is a good job, most others here aren't"

Current Employee - Telesales in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Telesales in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy job, no experience needed, fairly relaxed environment

Cons

not very good pay but ok for requiring no experience

"Depressing place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for learning and growth. I like the people that I have worked with.

Cons

No raises, constantly worried about layoffs, everyone is looking for a new job. It is not a positive work environment at this point.

Advice to Management

Does it matter if I had advice, management has made it clear that they do not care to hear from their employees. we are just a number on a page, a number that Ursula Burn's believes needs to be reduced.