Xerox - Xerox is not the same company it once was | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Xerox is not the same company it once was"

Former Employee - Software Development in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Software Development in Rochester, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you get in the right job, you could have long career there, however those jobs are getting fewer and fewer.

Cons

The company is slowly getting out of the copier and printer business and outsourcing it to India, which in turns sheds employees.

Advice to Management

Their is low morale and employees are just marking time until they get laid off and their job is sent to India. Wall Street may love Ursula Burns, but many employees are cursing her name.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"Great if you know what you're signing up for."

Current Employee - Client Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time

Pros

The company employs great people and respects individual arrangements (occasional work from home, etc). They are at the top of the industry.

Cons

The e-discovery industry is very demanding. Regardless of employer, you are expected to have 24/7 availability. Workload is not predictable and projects come at any time of day/night. Since this company is growing, random immediate work requests come frequently.

Advice to Management

They are doing the right thing by adding overnight shifts to alleviate demands put on client management. It's an uphill battle as the learning curve is long and the growth is fast.

"Roller Coaster Ride"

Current Employee - Don't Want to Say in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Don't Want to Say in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible with working hours. Currently, this is the only Pro.

Cons

Can't recall the last time we got a raise. 2008? 2009?
    Xerox stopped caring about employees and customers long ago. Right now it's all about the bottom line for Ursula and making sure that we maintain her billion dollar bonus. She is sitting pretty while the rest of us struggle to make ends meet. The healthcare "benefits" that we get are getting more and more expensive. There is a lack of advancement opportunities at our location. Management here tends to lead by bullying.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Ursula immediately. Learn to be a little more compassionate about your employees who remain loyal to you in spite of the state of the business.