Xerox - I work with a great group of people and with a variety of different technology solutions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"I work with a great group of people and with a variety of different technology solutions."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I would say make it a great place to work plus my job is really flexible in allowing me to have a life around it.

Cons

Just like any Corporation these days getting salary increases do not come easy.

Advice to Management

Make Xerox a one Xerox instead of having several pieces which have different management and benefits make it more united in pay scale too.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"A company changed."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very inclusive company to work for. Diversity is never an issue. Work/Life balance is great. Generous holiday and vacation benefits. Glass ceiling seems to have been broken.

Cons

Company has gone from a people centric organization to a "you're just a number" organization.
    Ability to make career moves within the company is at the mercy of your current manager who holds all the control in letting you take your growth to the next level. Favoritism in certain departments is rampant.

2. "Buyer"

Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Rochester, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If new people less than two to four years of service great to get name on resume. Great to get MBA or advance degree if you are chosen for fast track. Great diversity company on their terms. Great learning opportunity if you are chosen if not poor opportunity. Great for making best of list except for best company to work for. Upper management is clueless allowing flexibility of junior executive to set up empires. Best if Fujii Xerox or Rank Xerox bought back the equipment side.

Cons

Poor diversity company for Veterans. Poor pay except for fast track individuals. Training is used as qualifier for promotion but only given to chosen individuals. Few true mentors and leaders within the managment ranks. Manufacturing done overseas. Limited engineering and R&D. Promotions limited. Diversity is limited to their way and narrow. Many layoffs with fear of being next constant. Limited information sharing on job growth and promotion unless fast track.

Advice to Management

Wake up many good individuals left you will be another Kodak