Xerox - " Overall a pretty good company" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"" Overall a pretty good company""

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Family/Work Balance, Flexibility, Bonus opportunities are pretty good.

Cons

Information overload. There are too many people involved in one transaction, causing a lot of confusion. Cheap company (they dont give a lot of perks that other companies give). Pay increases are far and few between. The products are much more expensive then the competition which makes it a harder to increase revenue.

Advice to Management

Lower the price of the products to allow for more market share.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "Building better and strong relationships and enjoying what you do keeps you on a even keel !"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Century City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Century City, CA

Pros

If you are a self starter and don't need to be hoovered over to do what ever needs to be done it is noticed on so many levels. Pay is not bad but not as good as it used too be due to the economy and all, The Benefits are better than most companies - Health care, Vision, Dental for me and my family have been excellent. The Xerox people you work with a good majority of them help to get you up to speed. Especially if you are weak in certain areas like Networks, software and hardware installation etc...... But one thing you must have is great customer skills this is no doubt the biggest and greatest skill you can pocess.
    I love what I do that's being real- and I have been here 25 years to boot I was 25 when I started.

Cons

They deduct the leasing of the vehicle each month, and you also pay for personal mileage on your lease vehicle every six months let me clarify that you pay only the taxes on your personal mileage vs business miles. if you don't like tracking expenses, mileage, inventory or following processes this may not be for you. Because theirs lots of that too process each and every month.
    I don't know if thats a downside but it's all part of the job. Even with all this I have made things easier to do which minimizes the impact of this down side.

Advice to Management

I think for me all management personal have do a excellent job? Everything has been a experience for me that is solved in a timely and professional manner.
    If their is one thing I would like to see is a more improvement of the delivery system of Rapids The time it takes to get to location when needed it's about 2 to 3 hours although I do find other things to do like doing another call somewhere else or a PM.
    Lastly To be successful - As with every workgroup I have been on is their are roles and responsibilities, give them freedom which you mostly do to those who prove all they need is the knowledge to do the job and the flow of that infomation that shows them where we need to go! On each group their needs to be a Facilitator and meetings too insure were are on the same page so the comradere builds strong relationships with each member.

"Challenging, enjoyable work but compensation and reward could be better."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Flexibility of work hours. Ability to take care of personal issues without much grief from management. Challenge of working with new technologies.

Cons

Annual merit increases minimal. No effective way to reward the highest performers. Graded on the team result which allows some to slip on performance yet still get rewarded. Management always picks a new number to track and nitpick us about. No consistency of what target they want us to achieve.

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics. More individual targets and measurements. Reward hard work and weed out low performers.