Xerox - Great coworkers - perspective from a ME Design Engineer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Great coworkers - perspective from a ME Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. The engineers and first-level engineering management were a pleasure to work with. Compensation was fair. Access to all of the tools that you need to do your job (model shop for prototypes, etc.) made for a fun place to work.

Cons

Typical large company cube farm. Was very easy to get lost as just one of the 1500 people working on the campus. Since I left there have been mass layoffs. I don't know that it is still a great place to work.

Advice to Management

You did a great job of making a plan and sticking to it. I appreciated that we didn't struggle with cancelled programs. This stability was appreciated from the engineering team.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"simple interview process should have been a hint of unprofessional atmosphere"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kent, WA

I have been working at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy enough job to get, simple job if you have customer service skills and if you know your way around a computer and can follow policy

Cons

they can definitely pay better, the work environment is pretty unprofessional, the required availability is pretty horrible, training feels a bit rushed and too crammed with information

Advice to Management

pay more, train better, make the workplace more professional

"It used to be a great company..."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Technical areas are great. Flexible work hours. Local management is trying to get the job done right.

Cons

Sr Management treats people like they are disposable. Benefits have been declining over the years. When I was hired, Xerox was the company to beat for benefits, now it is a race to the bottom. Everybody who works here that has a spouse gets their benefits through them.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about your employees. We have skills and knowledge that you can't easily replace. Continued Reductions in Force (layoffs) to meet a "payroll" cost goal is causing a significant loss in talent as skilled employees leave or are pushed out.