Xerox - Unsupportive | Glassdoor

"Unsupportive"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Technically, Xerox offers a lot of opportunities and training. First and second-level managers really care, but corporate just wants to cut budgets and jobs. Local managers try really hard to make sure our schedules are flexible and value our home life.

Cons

Compensation is not considered important to keeping employees, just attracting them... that is until you are an executive. Medical coverage is TERRIBLE. Upper management do not have a clear strategy nor do they communicate it well.

Advice to Management

Take the same pay freezes you are giving to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"Sweatshop atmosphere; low pay"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Little Falls, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Little Falls, NJ

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work remotely and many staff members are accustomed to working in virtual teams so communications flow easily. Many onshore staff members are willing to go the extra mile to get work done..

Cons

Company demanded work on nights, weekends and holidays due to insufficient staffing. Push to offshore, however, offshore resources did not provide quality work, requiring rework by onshore resources.

2. "Great coworkers - perspective from a ME Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. The engineers and first-level engineering management were a pleasure to work with. Compensation was fair. Access to all of the tools that you need to do your job (model shop for prototypes, etc.) made for a fun place to work.

Cons

Typical large company cube farm. Was very easy to get lost as just one of the 1500 people working on the campus. Since I left there have been mass layoffs. I don't know that it is still a great place to work.

Advice to Management

You did a great job of making a plan and sticking to it. I appreciated that we didn't struggle with cancelled programs. This stability was appreciated from the engineering team.