Xerox - My managers and colleagues were stellar. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"My managers and colleagues were stellar."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was very happy with the managers I had over my 20 years at Xerox. They were all very fair and willing to help with my advancement.

Cons

Implementation of necessary automation frameworks was cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"Thankless Company"

Current Employee - Major Collections in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Major Collections in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible with family matters, It's a paycheck, you get to wear jeans on Friday's (True, but still a joke).

Cons

More cons than pros: Political, low pay, no pay raises, cannot get basic HR questions answered, constantly providing metric updates to management and others, overworked and under appreciated, management does not rid itself of underperformers and those who abuse disability, placing additional workload on those who show up and work, very low morale.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the driving force of your company, the employees or we may end up working for GE again.

"Dying company - stay away!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers knowledgeable, immediate managers pretty good.

Cons

No raise - 0% - in eight years in spite of consistent exemplary yearly reviews.

Lots of work and long hours due to mgmt cutting heads and foisting the responsibilities of those who were fired upon those who remain.

Employees are fired for making too much money. What their skill sets are or what their importance is to current projects are not considered.

Senior management gets huge raises and bonuses while punishing the engineers who actually do the work.

Absolutely no appreciation for or loyalty to employees - we're regarded as cost burdens rather than assets.

No training budget.

While my managers have not tried to micromanage and have been decent, most lack the technical skills their immediate reports have and cannot not do the work of their underlings.

Use-it-or-lose-it vacation policy combined with doing multiple full-time jobs means it's extremely difficult to schedule time to go on vacation.

Upper mgmt looking to fire as many North American employees as possible and offshore the jobs to cut operating costs.

Advice to Management

Without employees who are experienced, skilled, competent, and motivated this company will die quickly. Good employees are leaving in droves and Xerox cannot attract talent. Learn to appreciate your employees and ensure everyone gets at least a COLA yearly. Stop looking to cut costs and invest in your employees instead - the ROI will be far larger in the long run than one-time cost-cutting that comes of firing people.