Xerox - Technical Analyst | Glassdoor

"Technical Analyst"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst - Productions
Current Employee - Technical Analyst - Productions

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, most people are willing to help if you need it. Almost always able to work OT if you want to pick up extra hours, and you never need to rush to get in on time.

Cons

Too many people who are bad at what they, strong performers are expected to work late and pick up slack, there is always some type of 'freak out'. Company operates 24/7, you will be working nights and holidays no matter what your position is. Pay is terrible unless you milk the OT system

Advice to Management

Let weak people go and compensate your stronger people with better pay

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "A climate of fear-mongering and belligerent coworkers, you would be better digging holes for a living"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Xerox as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You get to put "Xerox" on your resume- at least that seems impressive

Cons

It is a strong teaching experience of how not to manage

Advice to Management

Fire the managers you have and stop hiring "yes" men and women. Time to get real management instead of those whom "appear" to fit in with the corporate identity.

"SCSE for over 35 yrs (technical service)"

Current Employee - SCSE
    Current Employee - SCSE

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Xerox has some of the best people working there. Over the years I have worked with many people and the class and abilities of the people were absolutely the best! I have always been proud to work for Xerox, and the company was always focused on the customer and on service.

Cons

All those things that I stated in the "Pros" section have all but gone away. The company is now focused solely on internal targets, customers take a back seat to profit, the employees are no longer appreciated or valued which has caused more and more to leave. The direction, in my opinion is wrong, but opinions from the field are not sought or appreciated unless they tow the senior management direction and wants.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate and value the employees, it is the front line employees that are the face of the company to the customers, and will keep our customers. Seek advice from the people who do the job and know the customers, instead of directing from the top with programs designed by "bean counters" who do not understand what the job entails or needs. CSE's who are responsible for a territory have always treated the customers with respect and have built relationships with those same customers which is being lost due to the "Ping-Pong" service system that has been released.