Xerox - Great Place to Get a Start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Great Place to Get a Start"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company does a great job of training their sales reps.

Cons

If you don't like a lot of in person prospecting don't do this job because you will be doing a lot of in person prospecting.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "Horrible"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Xerox as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was no good about it.

Cons

The uppermanagement was terrible. They were inconsistent and they had rodent popolation at the job. It was horrible. They had old computers most of us and the system was always down.

2. "Worse experience in 15 years"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good people who work there, but not many. Some of the customers were decent as well.

Cons

Where do I even begin? The pay is very low given the kind of work I did - $9.50 an hour. Most of the time, I didn't know whether or not I would even get paid on time, let alone for all hours worked - there is very poor communication between site managers and the payroll department, and they're quick to close out each pay period with no opportunities to enter in hours not showing up that had been worked - they drag their feet on getting your hours fixed, yet are quick to write you up for even being a minute late from a break or into work (or for taking a few days off on a weekend for illness or injury recovery). The benefits are a joke - worse I've seen in 15 years on the workforce - they don't even meet the bare minimum requirements under state and federal law, and they're getting away with it - a good portion of your pay gets swallowed up by benefits that only cover up to maybe 30% of a doctor's visit or dentist visit. The rest you pay for out of pocket. Promotions by and large within this company appear to be based on who you suck up to or who you sleep with, and not by hard work and leadership abilities. There's no real room for growth given those circumstances, and there's no real job security within this company - you could just as easily get fired for missing a few days because of an illness as you could for two or three bad customer surveys in a row. The work/life balance is a joke, too - you really don't get much of any time for things outside of work simply because of how your schedule is handled - again, no flexibility whatsoever within the scheduling. Your best bet is to forget that all of your normal leisure activities simply do not exist, as the moment you get into Xerox, you're at the mercy of them - and they love changing schedules at the last minute without advance notice - not uncommon to see people work 3 or more weeks without a break due to last minute scheduling changes on the ACS side. Upper management really doesn't listen to you - at the end of the day, you're stuck with a job that has no flexibility (don't apply here if you already have a part time job you're holding down, or are in college), has substandard pay and benefits, lacks job security of any tangible sort, promotes all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons, doesn't even offer sick leave, has lazy and incompetent trainers and managers...I could go on and on with the cons of this job. Simply put, it's the worse working experience I had in 15 years of being in the workforce. Don't apply here. Run the other way and don't look back. The fact that I didn't even make it to my first 90 days because of all the problems within this company that affected my pay, morale and a host of other things should be enough. Avoid Xerox. Seriously.

Advice to Management

Less strict schedule, higher pay for all employees, better health/dental/vision coverage that is realistic and affordable, make sure time worked is going into the system, promotions and raises based on hard work, dedication and leadership and less time spent catering to stockholders. Also, please stop wasting so much time looking after your own salary before anyone else's.