Xerox - Money is okay, but the job is mindless and boring | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Money is okay, but the job is mindless and boring"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly wage is higher than minimum, you get to sit, you don't have to wear a goofy uniform, flexible work schedule.

Cons

In Utah, breaks aren't required by state law so they are allowed to deny break time. I was pregnant the entire time I was working here, and sometimes I NEEDED a break. But if we were in queue, forget about it. I'd have to lie and say I was going to the bathroom just to get a break!

When I came back from leave (unpaid), I was pumping breastmilk for my baby. FMLA mandates that nursing mothers must be allowed any and all time they need to pump for their baby. They don't have to pay me for this break time, but they are required to give it. However, I was regularly DENIED these breaks because our queue was too high. Our queue was too high because they refused to let us hire more people to help with the wait times.

Also, I was hired through a temp service. I was told this position was temp-to-hire, however, the project lost money due to poor management and planning so we actually had to lay people off. So now there's definitely no way I'll be hired full-time with benefits.

The absolute worst part of this job is that the management and training is awful. They do not relay any information to us, but expect us to relay the correct information to customers. I can't tell you how many times I've had to make something up while on the phone with a customer because the boss failed to tell us the answer.

Advice to Management

Spend more than 2 days on training. Half of us have NO IDEA what we're talking about when you put us on the phone, which makes the customers irate when they find out they were misinformed, which then makes the queue/call time/sup calls go through the roof.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "Good people, strong technology"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are very committed towards the goals of the company and focused on the customers. Good culture.

Cons

sometimes it takes a while to get things done through the levels of bureaucracy. Continue to invest in training your people and investing in core competencies.

Advice to Management

Move fast! Outsource more non-core competency technology

"No respect or compassion for employees."

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Celebration, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Celebration, FL

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Our clients are always optimistic, kind, understanding, and appreciative of the things that this company (Xerox) manages to do for them. Working as a contractor, the best part of the job is working with these exemplary people, who are sadly not the people we report to.

Cons

Management is completely detached from employees, both physically and in regards to attitude. No salary adjustments, raises, bonuses, or any other type of compensation increase since 2007. The cost of living has gone up more than 10 percent since the last increase. All of the bad things said about Xerox here are true. Management has no interest in remaining competitive, and immediately assume a demeanor of "like it or leave" when approached. It is the worst situation I have ever experienced in my 35+ year career.

Advice to Management

Honor your promise two years ago to re-invest in your employees. Show some respect!