Xerox - Was a great place to work - 15 years ago | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Was a great place to work - 15 years ago"

Former Employee - Service Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Service Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First line managers try their best to do what is right for both employees and customers. Vacation time was still good for the years of service time

Cons

Senior management has completely lost all touch with the employees. Raises have been non existent for more than 10 years even with no worse than a 4 out of 5 review.

Advice to Management

Listen to what field employee's and customers are saying.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "Not employee focused"

Pros

Large company, lots of history and diverse lines of business. Trying to focus on innovation and technology. Fast-paced and opportunities to work with large, world-class clients. Amazing opportunities to work on complex projects.

Cons

In the learning group:
    1. there are no opportunities for advancement.
    2. Salary freeze since 2009.
    3. Once you are on an account, they don't want you to leave, even if that's the only way for you to get a promotion.
    4. 401K plan only matches 3%.
    5. Budget cuts mean they rarely pay for training or development and there is a lot of pressure for billable hours.
    6. They don't respect expertise.
    7. Large company.

Advice to Management

Take time to listen to your employees and care about their feedback. I've seen lots of good folks leave for things that could have easily been tackled by good managers. The managers need to be trained on empathy and relationship skills too. Stop treating your employees like contractors and they might be more loyal.

2. "Great place to work - learn something new every day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working in an environment where my contributions are valued. I feel empowered to learn new things and to take on interesting projects. It also feels good to be surrounded by super-intelligent and accomplished people who are passionate about their work.

Cons

One negative would be that interdepartmental communication could be improved. This issue is currently being addressed and we are starting to see more transparency.

Advice to Management

Continue on this path of increased communications.