Xerox - Just a number | Glassdoor

"Just a number"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Tigard, OR
Former Employee - Technical Support in Tigard, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance & 401K plan.

Cons

They do whatever is legally required of them and very little beyond that. They give you goals that are impossible to meet because each goal contradicts the other. All the rules are made to be opaque because they treat everyone so poorly they expect everyone to try and game the system. They fail to understand that if they paid more and treated everyone better, employees wouldn't need to try and work around the rules.

Advice to Management

If they stopped paying so little there wouldn't be so much turnover. If they trained people even more it would make the job even easier. It took me 6 months to finally learn everything that should have been covered or easily found elsewhere. But after 6 months I quit, so they lose employees that actually know what they are doing. Customers wouldn't need to call back so often if the first person they spoke to actually had a clue with proper training.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. "I have had a lot of turnovers with Xerox."

Current Employee - Collection in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Collection in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only thing I can think of is they have been around a long time

Cons

They are sending a lot of department overseas and no raise in 5 years

Advice to Management

There is no advice because they are the ones that's getting the bonuses

2. "Service has gone down hill"

Pros

The name of Xerox has always been great we have used them in our office now for serveral years. The highend prodution units are good the do have options or features that are really nice. They purchased ACS which is was the largest IT company. If you need IT they have spent most of there resources building that division.

Cons

Service does not respond and you are lucky to have a tech show up 2 days after you place the call. Tech said they do not have parts locally unless it was sent to a drop box. If they need anything the shipping usually takes 3 days to show up. My main tech That I really like left and so did 2 of the agencies that had been around. If you do get a lemon it is impossible to have them replace the machine. No loaners are provided when you do go down which happend twice during my last contract.

Advice to Management

Stay around for at least 3 years. Two many people involved with no decision making power.