Xerox - Not what it used to be but OK | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

"Not what it used to be but OK"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Used to be almost an MBA programme to work there.

Cons

Falling credibility as a company. Senior management blew it 30 years ago. Today is a struggle.

Advice to Management

Control is good. Detial management is not do good.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

"promotions givent to specialist who do nothing!"

Former Employee - SSE in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - SSE in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

name brand
    big accounts
    decent pay
    good benefits
    flexible pay structure that you are able to choose

Cons

unfair promotions
    take your terriotry and give to someone else

Advice to Management

be fair and look at people beyond a number. Promotions should be based on capabilities and just because you can close a deal doesn't mean you are fit to lead people. management is a serious road and leaders should be able to lead by example. listen to your front line sales people for changes.

"Some Agents shouldn't be business owners"

Pros

Xerox brand name, excellent reputation. Great training from Xerox Corp.

Cons

I work for a Xerox Sales Agent, not Xerox direct. Pay is horrible, Management lacks direction. Our agent owner has great sales knowledge, but lacks vision and ability to manage & motivate people. Frequently changes work schedule without any consideration for work/life balance. Never know what's happening one day to the next. Keeps adding to job description & increasing level of responsibility without any adjustment in pay. If I ask how I'm performing they tell me I'm doing a good job but still no raise or paid time off. They don't have money in the budget. If you try to make recommendations or professionally disagree with agent owner about anything, they will tell you point blank they're always right because they own the company. I was told I would have flexibile schedule, I do not. Family owned business has a owner/slave mentality when it comes to their employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your people like assets. Stop investing in technology (phones, software, etc) and invest in your people instead. It will pay off in loyalty and reduced turnover in both sales and other roles within the agency. Pay is abysmal, at least pay fair market value! Xerox Corp. needs to have better understanding (and, perhaps, better control) of what's going on inside their local agents and weed out the bad agent owners.