Xilinx - This company has reinvented itself! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx

"This company has reinvented itself!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xilinx full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The senior management overhaul several years back set the wheels in motion for a major re-engineering effort (especially in software). There's extensive engineering talent, the company's silicon/software offerings right now are quite strong and the momentum we're gaining as a result is the real deal!

Cons

The reinvention has been a wild ride at times but overall a rewarding experience. Expect to work hard here - there is no free ride.

Other Employee Reviews for Xilinx

"Never in my 14 year software/hardware career have I worked at a better company."

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Xilinx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Xilinx empowers employees, compensation is inline with market, CEO knows what he is doing. The product in the marketplace is gaining acceptance and maintaining dominance over our major competitors.

Cons

Many employees have a "its not my job" attitude or feel entitled to their job for just showing up. Lack of formal training for new people.

Advice to Management

Move business systems out of ops and IT and into the hands of the business people who use them.

"LISTEN to your employee's"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xilinx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are on par with the valley, flexible work / life balance but not sure if this is company wide.

Cons

Two company wide completed Employee surveys and the response has been very poor on the feedback provided, no positive tangible changes in operations. Seems the company are just "ticking a box" to make the employees feel a little better.......... respect your employee's, they're not blind to this. Make real changes that we can see, stop paying "lip service". also share the information with your management team, one particular group in Ops has seen very little of the feedback, what was in there???? I recommend Xilinx but stay away from operations.

Also bizarre tolerance of drunk employee's in ops. - very clear, everyone is aware but nothing is done.

Advice to Management

Respect the intelligence of your employee's in operations. Respect their position. Cease with the micro management on everyday tactical tasks and in general, it's suffocating and limits creativity.