Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

System Administrator

Sep 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, especially after they were acquired by PayPal. Lots of knowledgeable people.

Cons

Some folks might not like being part of a huge corporation.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture, People, Technology

Sep 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This place is the best place I've ever worked. The culture is amazing, tons of smart talented people that are devoted to the mission of making money transfer faster, cheaper and more user friendly for the millions of people remitting funds back to friends and family. When I was here there were great perks, fully stocked kitchen, modern office space, free healthcare, travel and cell phone reimbursement for everyone. And of course the opportunity to learn, grow and have positive impact. One thing I really enjoyed were the all quarterly hands on deck meetings where the CEO brought everyone together, discussed challenges, achievements, introduced new hires and even answered (unproctored) tough questions from employees in an open transparent way. Its very rare to work for a company where the CEO does this, and I found it deeply meaningful and reflective of the the culture of transparency and keeping everyone on the same page. Also, my coworkers were some of the most genuine supportive people. I didnt encounter the kind of politics and infighting that I've seen at so many other places I've worked. Xoom is such a breath of fresh air.

Cons

My only cons are some groups dont have as much upward or cross departmental mobility, particularly in AUP & Compliance. Also the cost of living in the bay area is obsene. But other than that, this place is an amazing company.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Xoom

Sep 16, 2020 - Gas Station Attendant in McAllen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Upstanding Cola drinKs, eXceptional cOnsumer Opportunities,and great 'Management'

Cons

Working by yourself 95% of the time, even during rushes

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Xoom.