Xtreme Consulting - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Redmond, WA
Current Contractor - Recruiter in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Xtreme Consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Xtreme for over 2 years as a contractor and it is the best company I have every worked for.

Cons

To date there hasn't really been any downside at this time. They treat you well and are on top of your every need.

Xtreme Consulting Response

Apr 7, 2013

Thank you for the kind words, we try our best! :-)

Other Employee Reviews for Xtreme Consulting

"Interesting work, no opportunities for advancement, great coworkers"

Former Employee - Exchange Support Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Exchange Support Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Xtreme Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work was interesting, pay OK. Coworkers were fun and intelligent people, team concept helped gel relationships with coworkers and resulted in top notch results. Work schedule was very good, even if it wasn't all that flexible.

Cons

Time off is based on availability - don't try to take it during a busy period or on a holiday. Management was a bit insensitive at times, probably due to the fact that there were few physical encounters with them. In this sort of contract job, that is to be expected, but a better company would realize this and make an extra effort to have employees feel like they are part of the company, not just part of their workplace team. In a nutshell, there is no company pride.

Advice to Management

Even if you don't mean it, remind the employees that they are a valuable part of the company's plan. A little brainwashing goes a long way.

Xtreme Consulting Response

Apr 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately the role you were in did have limitations around holiday time off as the client expects 24x7x365 coverage. Good luck on your future... More

"Very rewarding place to work - positive environment, hands on approach and strong leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Xtreme really cares about their employees - both internal and on-site consultants. The leadership team promotes career growth and makes sure that every person is happy in their current position. Their reputation is top in the industry both locally, and at their field offices - they have a high retention rate because of the way they take care of their consultants and ensure they are in challenging, fulfilling positions. The senior leadership team takes a hands on approach and has an open door policy for everyone, which is refreshing and appreciated.

Cons

Honestly, there are not a lot of cons working for Xtreme and overall I have been happy with most aspects of the company. One thing I would like to see in the future is possible short term disability insurance. I understand it is an expensive cost for companies but nice feature to have for expecting moms. Also, it would be nice to have some kind of match on the 401K, but I'm glad that there is a 401K program through Xtreme.

Advice to Management

The leadership at Xtreme is very involved and knows pretty much every consultant that works for the company. The only thing I would suggest is having more classes and/or brown bags - opportunities for consultants to learn new technologies, programs or skills.