YETI Coolers - Yeti is an amazing company with a great culture. | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "The core values are a constant thread and more than just words on the wall" (in 11 reviews)

• "YETI cultivates a very engaging and collaborative work environment that moves at a fast pace and rewards excellence" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "This isn't a work from home atmosphere- the expectation is to be in office most of the time as a lot of cross functional work happens face to face" (in 4 reviews)

• "Can be hard to maintain work life balance when everyone cares so passionately about the work" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Yeti is an amazing company with a great culture."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. Passionate people who are open and collaborative to meet corporate goals. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Lots of collaboration across functions to grow the business. Strong Leadership with a clear vision of success and a strategy to achieve it.

Cons

The Yeti team is growing rapidly, and change is inevitable. Change is a part of the culture, but doesn't have to be a negative if you are comfortable helping a company change to meet market demands.

Advice to Management

I would strongly recommend Yeti as a great place to work and grow as a professional. Yeti is going through a lot of change as it grows to meet its full potential, but the core of Yeti's Culture and Values remain intact and help guide our strategy as we continue to mature as a business.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Becoming very corporate"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome company to represent and be a part of
    Cool gear

Cons

becoming too corporate and micro managed

Advice to Management

focus on your employees

2. "So much cooler..."

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have you ever worked for a company where, when you walk in the door, you feel like you are part of something incredibly special? I have liked my previous jobs, companies and colleagues, but there is something unique about YETI that sets it apart. It may be because its people practice and live by the company values, including my favorite: “No one succeeds alone.” It may be because as we continue to grow, we have maintained our authenticity to both our brand and our culture. We work hard, committing ourselves to relentless innovation whether we sit in Supply Chain, Finance or Design Engineering. On the flip side, we know how to have fun, and not take ourselves so seriously that we lose our genuine and unpretentious personality.
    The buildings and working spaces are beautiful; open floor plan, but everyone has a desk that moves from sitting to standing and includes double monitors. The cafeteria and cafe on campus serve great food and drinks and YETI subsidizes half the cost! Benefits are above par for a company it’s size and definitely competitive within Austin.
    All that said, the people are YETI’s greatest asset, a mix of employees who started the company who have been here from the beginning and those who have joined in the last couple of years of tremendous growth. Our long-time employees continually root those newer employees into an appreciation of what is a great YETI history.
    The leadership team, including our CEO Matt, is incredibly approachable. This is a group of executives who take time to get to know their employees, understand what each person does and how each impact YETI’s success. Best of all, they all have a great sense of humor and a habit of regularly recognizing employees throughout the company, not just their own organization.

Cons

To work and be successful at YETI, you need to have a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality. This is not the place to come if you’re not motivated to put in extra effort, which can mean extra time, while continually striving for improvement.
    YETI employees have a collaborative spirit which translates to an in-the-office culture – not a place for you if you enjoy working from home. The collaboration can also manifest itself in decision paralysis, but that has markedly improved since our IPO in October.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and hiring talented and committed people

Discover more reviews about YETI Coolers.