Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good for high school students

Jun 11, 2021 - Student in Alliance, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the aquatics department, you only work the shifts you ask for and you are always asked if you *can* take a shift instead of being told you’re working one. Shifts are rarely over 4 hours which is great for busy highschool students that are active in many extracurriculars like I was, and the atmosphere is very welcoming.

Cons

The other departments are not as good about scheduling but offer the chance for more hours, whereas the aquatics department tries to make sure they have an abundance of workers so that no one has to be forced into a shift. If you want to pick up extra hours, watch the open/covering shifts closely

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

An amazing Mission

Aug 3, 2021 - Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Make a great difference in your community. Take great pride in and value their employees.

Cons

With great work comes hard work. Sometimes long hours and rigorous schedules.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great People and Place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are friendly and supportive. While a job is a job, I felt appreciated while working with the YMCA. It was also nice to have access to the amenities after work (such as the gym) and not have to go out of my way.

Cons

None really. Was employed until the beginning of the pandemic, where things sort of stalled and where I chose to end my part-time employment with them.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about YMCA.