YMCA - I would have to say pretty horrible. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

"I would have to say pretty horrible."

Current Employee - Property Maintenance in Murfreesboro, TN
Current Employee - Property Maintenance in Murfreesboro, TN

Pros

I would have to say the one pro would be free membership you get and the discounted price on certain things.

Cons

Upper Managment contains to many chiefs but not enough indians. When your supervisor is gone for the day other management likes to bully you around. Management likes to hide behind the title. Depending on who your buddy buddy with you can get raises. When at the all staff meeting you were told by the top dog that if one person gets a raise we all get a raise.Last but not least...Birds of a feather flock together.

Advice to Management

Quit hiding behind your title. Also dont bully the employees. Dont make your employees feel like they have a target on their back just because you cant pull your end of the slack.

Other Employee Reviews for YMCA

1. "Low salary"

Former Employee - Childcare in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Childcare in Lakeland, FL

Pros

I love to work with kids and same time have some benefits. (gym, half price sports)

Cons

Basically, low salary. I am a part time worker.

Advice to Management

keep update with all departments managers and employees.

2. "Job Review"

Current Employee - Program Director in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Director in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Outstanding mission; great work environment; great interaction with members; free memberships; chance to immediate and long-term impact on the lives of other people.

Cons

Low salary; long, unpredictable hours; red tape (if working in child care); high turnover rate; mission of your program can consume your mind and life.

Advice to Management

Everything I would keep the same except salaries for lower management and hourly employees; Plus, I miss the Christian part of the mission.