YRC Freight - Challenging | Glassdoor

"Challenging"

Current Employee - Driver/Dockworker in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Driver/Dockworker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at YRC Freight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To be a teamster where as time goes on will become more Important as people realize they are being screwed

Cons

Watching the lazy getting the same pay

Advice to Management

Grow some balls and do your job, I have to

Other Employee Reviews for YRC Freight

"Gym Quality Workout Without The Membership Fee"

Current Employee - City Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - City Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at YRC Freight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dock Supervisors walk over ten miles a day on a 12-hour shift. You will never get fat.

Cons

Technology lags way behind the competition. Many OUTSTANDING co-workers busting their buns to make our company return to the top, trying mightily to make up for the no-loads that permeate our workforce.

Advice to Management

Invest much more heavily in Human Resources -- our people. Theory X management "grind us into dust" mentality crushes enthusiasm and breeds cynicism.

"Company continues to move in the wrong direction since merging Yellow and Roadway."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at YRC Freight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

About the only reason right now to work for YRC would be to collect a check to pay your bills. It is that simple right now.

Cons

Upper management continues to make decisions which benefit themselves only. They continue to add new layers of sales management which make it tough for the field sales to do their job. More and more time is taken away from face to face sales. Spreadsheets, conference calls, webinar a, meetings etc. remain their focus. This brings no value to the customer. Long hours no raises hurdles to not pay bonus money, there is no reward for hard work here, ever. There is NO YRCFreight culture - Yellow people work their way and Roadway people work their way.....daily in fighting and no stopping.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the multiple layers of upper sales management. Simplify don't add more mud to the puddle. Focus on the basics, pick it up, move it and deliver it without smashing it and losing it. There is a fraternity that takes care of themselves only leaving the front line employees and the customers without regard.