YWCA - Cheers! | Glassdoor

"Cheers!"

Current Employee - Advocate in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Advocate in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

It's a very rewarding place to work, and the managment is flexible with scheduling. It is understood most of the women have families, and our families are as valued as those we serve. It is also a supportive environment and there are opportunities for growth as they seem to prefer to promote from within when applicable. There is a lot of opportunity to gain the skills needed in the helping profession. You meet and work with people of all types and backrounds.

Cons

The pay. Non-Profits tend to be underfunded and understaffed. I make very little money for the kind of work I do. This job can be mentally and emotionaly difficult and it is sometimes hard to keep your sanity.

Advice to Management

I really like the women I work for. There are some things I think could change, but nothing significant and the details would make it too obvious who I am!

Other Employee Reviews for YWCA

1. "Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Support in Gunsan (South Korea)
    Former Employee - Support in Gunsan (South Korea)

I worked at YWCA (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful ladies to work with who are passionate about the work that they do in the community

Cons

Management has had an overhaul and there is a negative atmosphere in a couple of departments. The long-term CEO had recently retired and the interim CEO, while brilliant and compassionate, was seemingly not in a position to discipline her program managers

Advice to Management

Improve the working relations between departments nd cut out the toxicity within the organization.

2. "Great work atmosphere"

Pros

Opportunity to explore many different aspects of fundraising. Awesome chance to start your career.

Cons

Limited benefits long working hours during fundraising periods.

Advice to Management

Recognize the value volunteers provide to the organization. Many volunteers do value their experience at the YW however they feel they could contribute more.