Yahoo - Great working environment | Glassdoor

"Great working environment"

Former Intern - Intern in Bengaluru (India)
Former Intern - Intern in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Yahoo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for an interesting and independent project as an intern, its awesome. I was given an overview of all the projects matching my skillset and I chose one of them and received excellent guidance.

Cons

Personally, I didnt face any difficulty during my 4-months intern. The only bad thing was the HR management which is more or less the same for any company :P

Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo

1. "Software Engineer"

Pros

Very challanging work environment. Fantastic engineers to work with. I've personally learnt a lot for the talented group. Good work life balance.

Cons

Not great senior leadership when I was working. The company tried to copy the innovations/ business models from the market leaders. I wish the senior leadership focused more on innovation.

"Its a good company to work for...just make sure you know your manager before you join"

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Yahoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of benefits and perks for working in Yahoo!
    Coolest work culture I've ever worked in.
    Being around intellectual people certainly helps

Cons

Some of the managers can be very unlike-Yahoo...specially the ones coming in lately.
    Just make sure what you are getting into before you join and you should be fine.
    Try to interact with few team members you will be working with and especially your manager before joining.

Advice to Management

Please save the Yahoo culture. Its very sad to see one of my favorite companies in such a miserable state because of some free-loaders and immoral people.
    Include skip-level meetings on a regular basis. That will certainly help.