"Night and day improvement from one year ago. Still work to do, but great momentum now!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Marissa has brought huge, positive changes to the company. The company is operating with a sense of vision and urgency that hasn't been seen since it's very early days. What used to take 18 months to get done is now taking less than six. Having everyone work in the office everyday again instead of seeing random people working from home on any given day and on every Friday has made a big difference. With everyone working together in the office 5 days a week instead of 3-4 days a week the company overall is noticeably more productive now. The free food and free smartphones are great, but by far the best change that has happened since Marissa took over is seeing the company focus back on making user-centric products, instead of developing products primarily to satisfy the demands coming from advertisers. The culture of transparency exhibited at each Friday's all-hands meetings led by Marissa has been a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Despite all of the positive changes we've seen over the past year, there are still way, way too many managers. The company could eliminate 50% of the managers and there would still be too many managers.

Continue reading
  1. "Awesome"

5.0

I worked at Yahoo full-time

Pros

Best job ever honestly

Cons

None that i could think of

2. "Great!"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Analyst

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

Supportive management, friendly and helpful staff

Cons

None, I had a great experience

Discover more reviews about Yahoo.