Yahoo - Great company and culture | Glassdoor
  1. "Great company and culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easily the best culture and benefits of any employer I've ever had. They captured magic in a bottle.

Cons

A real lack of direction for what was a once-great brand with so much potential. It was frustrating to see top-down decisions that greatly affected people on the front line -- just a clear lack of understanding of what was really going on.

Continue reading
    Yahoo2019-04-18
  1. "The Yahoo News division is a great place to work"

Current Contractor - Video Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at Yahoo for less than a year

Pros

I've only been here for a few months as a contractor in the Yahoo News division, but it's a good work environment. Producers are creative and smart. I've found there's a lot of respect for editors so many of my edits are largely unsupervised. The post-production management staff is really on point in terms managing edit assets and equipment, technical support, and they're protective of the edit staff in a really nice way. Being dedicated to your work and having a positive attitude will be noticed here.

Cons

It's an open work environment, so no edit suites. Just a giant bullpen. The editor rate is mid-range for me, but the perks of working here do a lot to mitigate that.

Continue reading
    Yahoo2019-04-23
  2. "work experience at yahoo"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager

I worked at Yahoo full-time

Pros

good food, good people, and less pressure

Cons

too slow. there are just way too many layers in the reporting chain.

Yahoo2020-02-12

Discover more reviews about Yahoo.