Yahoo - Fantastic work culture and dedicated employees. | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Fantastic work culture and dedicated employees."

Former Intern - Technical Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Intern - Technical Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Yahoo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Yahoo is a great place to work. The people are energetic and dedicated. Marissa is a great leader and is taking the company in the right direction.

As an intern, I got to work on code that touches hundreds of millions of people daily. I was given real responsibilities and treated like a full-time employee. My co-workers were very friendly and supportive.

Perks: great compensation and benefits, free meals everyday, unlimited made-to-order coffee. There are a bunch of fun events to which employees can bring their friends and family. Plenty of foosball tables everywhere so you can take a break and have fun with your peers during the workday. Work hours are flexible.

Overall, it was a solid internship experience. You get to learn a lot and meet a bunch of cool people; there's always something happening on campus.

Cons

None that I can think of... except that this year's intern program didn't have more fun events like previous years' intern programs did.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Manager"

Pros

It was fun sometimes and other times

Cons

It wasn't fun because it didn't have a sandbox

Advice to Management

Do better

"Disappointed by petty politics and lack of real leadership. The expression penny wise and pound fish comes to mind."

Pros

Great time with extremely talented people made the day to day fun and engaging to the extent that we didn't have to deal with other teams.

Cons

The vice president role suffered high turnover, and, unfortunately, the executives tolerated people behaving selfishly and doing lots of damage to others and the company.

Discover more reviews about Yahoo.