Yankee Candle - Overall a positive experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

"Overall a positive experience"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Florida State, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Florida State, FL

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Yankeee Candle has a satisified customer approach. Our customers know that we stand behind the best candles made.

Cons

Floorsets can be a terrible ordeal when the product is not available. You are held to comp numbers even when the right product is not available. Average dollar sales are always a factor and returns go against you even when they come from other stores and internet purchases.

Advice to Management

Quit making threats and help with solutions. When customer traffic is down and the ADS is up it means everyone is doing their job even if it is not over LY numbers. An action plan should not be required.

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

1. "I'd work here again."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customers, decent pay, love the fragrances. You have a lot of wiggle room as far as making customers happy.
    Lots of down time

Cons

Never have every thing to complete floorsets , also once you sell through you constantly have to improvise to fill tables.
    Lots of down time
    DM don't know anything about running a store, most don't know how to ring a sale.
    If your store closes you will most likely know before the higher ups think you should , which will tick you off even more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers we do know our markets.

"1st Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work for the company is because you don`t have to stay over night to do floor moves and best part get paid every week.

Cons

Company is super fake. Don't care about their employees. Very very cheap with payroll. They want so much work done with no staff and no $$$. I would think twice about working for this company if your thinking of applying.

Advice to Management

I think the DM should work more elbow to elbow with their management staff instead of bossing around not even knowing how to run a store on their own. DM take there titles beyond their heads. M.Morris D37