Yankee Candle - Great company, lower pay scale for lower management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

"Great company, lower pay scale for lower management"

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent communication throughout company, room for growth, positive attitudes all around.

Cons

Very low annual raises, pay scale not competitive with same level management within other companies for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

1. "Product sells its self but managers seem to be slacking"

Pros

They give you the tools to be able to successfully sell the product. Its can be a fun place to work with the right kind of people.

Cons

Gossip and drama always seem to be in the district. Its defiantly not the easiest job in the world. A lot of shipments, can be really crazy during the holidays. Turn over with management is not that often so the opportunity to move up can take years.

"Never work here"

Former Employee - Store
    Former Employee - Store

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package and employee discount are both pretty good

Cons

I really don't understand why anyone stays working at this company. I worked there for a year and wish I would have left sooner. I left to manage a larger retail store and am so much happier. I dreaded coming to work every day for Yankee. Managers are just labor savors, you really have too small of a staff to "manage" much. The company is very mis-focused. The 2 large metrics they rate you on is ADS(average dollar per sale) and secret shops. Both show that they care very little about your actual interaction with the guests and developing a rapore with them. using these metrics they train to not care about the guest unless they spend over $30 each visit. I believe you should treat every guest the same when spending $1 or $1000. the secret shop only makes the employees live in fear each day that they will forget one of the many add-ons that don't even relate to what the customer may be purchasing. I mean really how disconnected to your customer can you be to always try to add on a wick trimmer to someone who only wants to fragrance their car?