Yankee Candle - Yankee Candle is an amazing company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

"Yankee Candle is an amazing company!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really cares about their employees and you can feel it while working there.

Cons

Not always the most competitive pay

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees can not find out how much each other makes. Currently the schedule tells all. You can calculate how much someone else makes by counting the payroll hours when you work with only one other person.

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

1. "Boring, but fair"

Former Employee - Line Worker in South Deerfield, MA
    Former Employee - Line Worker in South Deerfield, MA

I worked at Yankee Candle (Less than a year)

Pros

Working on the assembly line at Yankee Candle over the summer was a fascinating look into the type of work that is performed by millions of people around the world. Additionally, the pay is very fair, considering that the job required no skill in the slightest. The workers all seemed to be proud of the company. Additionally, there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, so long as one is willing to work on the factory floor for a few years.

Cons

As should be expected of assembly line work, the job was very boring. Additionally, the shift hours are very inconvenient for employees, though they make sense from a business perspective.

"A good experience with great people"

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Monroe, LA
    Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Monroe, LA

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got a lot of retail experience. I loved most of the people I worked with and I had an awesome discount. It taught me a lot about how to figure out what the customer is looking for. I wouldn't have traded my experience with this company for anything. I've met people that I still keep in touch with and use as references.

Cons

Way too much emphasis on Average Dollar Sale. It didn't matter if you made your sales goal, if you didn't make your ADS goal you were written up. Sometimes the ADS goal was as high as $60. Trying to sell $60 dollars worth of candles (which averaged about two large jars) was way too hard.I felt that as long as your making your sales goals ADS shouldn't matter as much. I had underhanded co workers who would have one big sale of maybe $75 or so and refused to take another sale because they didn't want their ADS to be bad but that was all they would make was $75. They would be praised when I would make my sales goals but my ADS was about $25.

Advice to Management

Take the emphasis off ADS and put it on the sales goals. Who cares if you sale a bunch of $2 items if it makes your sales goals. As long as that is met why does it matter?