Yankee Candle - Restock | Glassdoor

"Restock"

Former Employee - Restock in South Deerfield, MA
Former Employee - Restock in South Deerfield, MA

Pros

nice people; ok wage; they are always hiring for help; they give out candles to the factory workers during holiday hours.

Cons

Don't need much education to work here; a lot of people only speak spanish; not a great salary; its factory work

Advice to Management

Offer your employees, including temps, more incentives - be more appreciateive of temps and don't treat them like they don't matter

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

1. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Fifty percent off product discount is the best reason to work for Yankee Candle. It's also fun to help people pick out candles and the hours are flexible. Customers are usually in a good mood and friendly.

Cons

Too many District Manager changes in recent years. The good ones leave and you're left with the bad. Inexperienced and ineffective leadership at this level is detramental to success.

Advice to Management

It is necessary to be forthright and hardworking at the District Manager level. Reaching the level of DM is not a ticket to coast.

2. "My experience"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

I enjoy working for a company whose product I believe in. I feel that we provide high quality home fragrance products to our customers, and that is something I can be proud of.

Cons

At this point in my career I am looking for vertical growth opportunities. The opportunities are there with Yankee, unfortunately they are too few and far between for me to wait. I would probably be able to move up in the company if I relocated, but with my personal life that is not an option at this time.

Advice to Management

You have amazing talent within the company, you should compensate accordingly. More consistant communication would be nice. It is frustrating when the stores are in the dark about new products or products being discontinued until it actually happens.