Yankee Candle - Restock | Glassdoor

"Restock"

Former Employee - Restock in South Deerfield, MA
Former Employee - Restock in South Deerfield, MA

Pros

nice people; ok wage; they are always hiring for help; they give out candles to the factory workers during holiday hours.

Cons

Don't need much education to work here; a lot of people only speak spanish; not a great salary; its factory work

Advice to Management

Offer your employees, including temps, more incentives - be more appreciateive of temps and don't treat them like they don't matter

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

"GREAT place to work until DM replaced."

Former Employee - Former Management in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Former Management in Lakeland, FL

Pros

AWESOME product that I believe in, and is easy to sell. Great on the job training, and for the most part a good corporate office. Loved doing floorsets - planograms are extremely easy to execute. Lots of repeat customers that I got to know during the 6 years I worked for Yankee Candle!

Cons

Loved working at Yankee Candle until current district manager came into place. Previous three DM's were great to work with, very professional and listened to their employees. Current district manager is the ONLY reason that I resigned from this company, after repeated complaints to Human Resources were ignored. I know of at least 3 other members of management who have resigned from the company in this district for the exact same reason. Constant inconsistency with direction; feedback and leadership seem to change according to this DM's moods. Extreme micro-managing, and we all felt like we were being treated like children. Vehement and condescending e-mails were the norm...constantly told the district that we should be "ashamed and embarrassed" if a certain store or the entire district had a bad day or week, etc. Absolute lack of professionalism, bad-mouthed management to other associates during store visits. Just a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Get rid of current district manager so the company will go back to being a pleasant place to work!! I MISS my job and my customers...regret that I was pushed to this decision, because Yankee Candle used to be a wonderful place to work! Resigned with notice; this is not a bitter employee who was fired.

2. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Fifty percent off product discount is the best reason to work for Yankee Candle. It's also fun to help people pick out candles and the hours are flexible. Customers are usually in a good mood and friendly.

Cons

Too many District Manager changes in recent years. The good ones leave and you're left with the bad. Inexperienced and ineffective leadership at this level is detramental to success.

Advice to Management

It is necessary to be forthright and hardworking at the District Manager level. Reaching the level of DM is not a ticket to coast.