Year Up - An Organization that truly Believes in their Mission | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"An Organization that truly Believes in their Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Year Up full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Year Up is like no other organization. My colleagues are all very genuine and truly care about the work we do, as well the students we serve. The work isn't easy and everyone comes in day in and day out ready and willing to go the extra mile. Year Up is organization that also cares about you as an individual. The benefits package is amazing and taking care of yourself is encouraged here. Your colleagues are your teammates and everyone respects one another. It is definitely a pleasure working here. Even though we are a new site, our team is growing and the word is getting out about Year Up Los Angeles.

Cons

With all the positives stated, it is a little challenging to talk about the cons, as there aren't many. I will say that the office space is a little challenging. If you are used to having your own office or office space, get over it. It would be nice to have that intimate space, however, to focus on your work, have confidential meetings and conversations with students, etc. We are a new site so we are still learning and growing together but this also presents natural challenges that we will soon overcome.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Student Services"

Former Intern - Student Services in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Student Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Year Up as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Of the few diverse staff, they were very understanding of the clientele and the issues brought forth by applicants and interns. Trainings held on a fairly frequent basis to tackle sensitive issues.

Cons

Staff not diverse enough to match the ethnic/cultural makeup of applicants. Staff showing clear bias towards certain individuals. Staff not showing appropriate boundaries or ethical understanding of issues presented to them.

Advice to Management

Clearer focus on cultural humility, empathy, and compassion. Treating applicants and interns as people rather than numbers on a spreadsheet.

2. "IT T.A"

Current Employee - IT in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - IT in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Year Up full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work, flexible time, great managers, perfect insurance, 401k match, $2000 PD budgets yearly, 3 weeks paid vacation, 16 weeks maternity and 8-week paternity,...

Cons

low salary, slow promotion, not competitive salary in Bay Area For IT people

Advice to Management

salary base on the Area, special Bay area, competitive salary for IT people

Discover more reviews about Year Up.