Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

monotonous job

Feb 9, 2017 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture managers care benefits training is great

Cons

cold calling. all. day. long. 80 calls expected, 2 hour minimum talk time. never any change in your day. if youre not pitching youre calling businesses leaving voicemails and getting hung up on all day long. They are not upfront about the commission structure. you pretty much have to make your salary for the company in order to start making commission work-life balance is rough. 830-530, often expected to stay later. micro-managed, managers are looking at your metrics all day long. they say 5 promotions in 2 years, some promotions doesnt involved a pay increase, just a title change

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Put in Work, Make Money

May 4, 2021 - Elite Account Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance, Coworkers, Freedom

Cons

Repetitive, difficulty adjusting to remote.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Intro to Corporate Culture, but Toxic Workplace

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Support Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong “team” culture, cool office with lots of perks, good initial training program

Cons

The Sales Team is under big pressure to meet quota and would manipulate both customers as well as coworkers. If you’re interacting directly with business owners whether in a customer service or sales role, be prepared to be screamed at on a fairly nonstop basis. To be fair, sales tactics would lead to business owners buying ad programs that they did not understand the full cost of due to misleading explanations of “promos” and “bonuses”. Business owners end up understandably upset after receiving massive bills for generally ineffective ad programs that they did not think they were paying for in the first place. The biggest problem to me was the way in which the Sales Team interacted with other employees, particularly the ones supporting them. The would frequently manipulate, yell, and flat out lie, yet there seemed to be very little effort or interest in curbing this behavior.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

We appreciate your thorough feedback. It's great that you enjoyed the culture at Yelp and saw the value in the Yelp Sales Development Program. The Yelp Sales Development Program teaches new team members new sales techniques and strategies, however, lying to our customers is not in our playbook, nor is it ever tolerated. We encourage our employees to bring their concerns to their managers when they see unethical behaviors, including any interactions with leadership that aren't in line with our values. If you'd like to share additional details with us about what happened, please do so at employeefeedback@yelp.com. Your feedback is heard, and we'll be sure to share it with our leaders so that we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

Discover more reviews about Yelp.