Yelp - Be willing to learn, work hard, and you'll go far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

"Be willing to learn, work hard, and you'll go far"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun and competitive environment
-TRANSPARENCY: This is the first thing they mentioned to us my first day. Coming from a job in retail with nothing but backstabbing, passive aggressive management, I was looking forward to having that upfront honesty!
- Your destiny is in your own hands. As long as you are willing to learn, put in the hard work and stay not necessarily positive, but hopeful, you will succeed.
- DRINK THE COOL-AID!!!!!! Seriously, most people would tell you not to with most jobs. But here's the thing. You are selling a product that is unlike any other and it works. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the office wants you to succeed. So when you go through training and you get feedback from your managers, LISTEN!!! They're not telling you pointless feedback just so they can talk. If you listen to what they say, and implement their input, you will succeed. It is very fulfilling to work for a company where everyone around you wants you to do well.
- Work hard, play hard. The benefits that come along with the job is unbeatable. Yes the job is stressful and hard. It's not that they provide these fun benefits to "mask" anything, but to make the job tolerable, rewarding and fun.

Cons

There's always going to be cons to any job. This job is stressful and it's not for everyone. At the end of the day, it's a sales job. But again, they are very transparent. They tell you upfront what to expect from the job such as making cold calls, 80+ dials a day etc. So you know what you are getting yourself into, but it's whether or not you do everything you can to make the most of it that will make the difference.

Other Employee Reviews for Yelp

"I hated it."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of. I'll come back.

Cons

People are miserable. Culture of young hipsters is enough to make you want to jump off a cliff.

Advice to Management

Go work at Taco Bell.

"Low Pay for High Demand"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like all of the other reviewers, the kitchen, environment with music, ping pong tables, kegs on tap in every office. If you drink the company Kool-Aid and exceed the goals and metrics that you're told every month, it's a good place. Social people having an ok time at work. Good sales development structure. If like and can handle high volume calling, cold calling, and stress daily, it'll pay off well.

Cons

Stressful, Poor pay structure. Must exceed all metrics goals. Very repetitive work. Get yelled at by business owners from time to time. The managers aren't all equally great, they're good sales reps who became managers, which isn't always the best case. Claim to be Transparent, but are continually giving you vague and broad feedback about your progress as a sales person. Seems like they must like you or be a part of the office clique to be worked with. Treat their employees like a sales pipeline. 10 in and 10 out.

Advice to Management

Be more specific in meetings. If you're claiming to be Transparent, then do it. Don't give unclear feedback. It's amazing what people are willing to do for you if you show true interest. Be realistic with goals/territories.