Yelp - great | Glassdoor

"great"

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

great culture, incredible training program, awesome to be working at a company when it's booming and really starting to take off

Cons

cold calling, high stress, if you don't have an incredibly positive outlook and/or believe in the power of Yelp you will not like this job at all

Other Employee Reviews for Yelp

"Revolving Door- Rapid Turnover and Relentless Sales Tactics"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome perks- apple computers, brand new everything, bright office, free food, drinks, pandora music playing, cheerful, innovative, fast-paced, best technology, very forward thinking company. Smart people to work with- everyone is young, smart and talented. Learned a lot about an Internet company.

Cons

Wasn't given a chance and then I was abruptly let go without being able to prove myself. Was given a crappy sales territory, had very high expectations for the territory that I don't think anyone could meet, boss wanted me to do unethical things in order to get sales, soo much pressure. I was working 12 hour days doing sales on the phones, and I was still let go. Kind of hate this company.

Advice to Management

Slow down- just because you're working fast, doesn't mean it's effective. It's very costly to hire people and have fast turnover. Cool your egos- too many egos running rampant in the company.

"Great Leanring Experiance"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yelp is more and more prominent every single day. You the opportunity of learning sales from an incredible training staff.

There expansion opportunity is exciting and could be a huge worldwide player with as many markets as they are opening in.

Cons

Cold Calling
    Territories
    limited career movement

Advice to Management

Keep the culture through expansion