Yelp - Outstanding. Different than any other job I've ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

"Outstanding. Different than any other job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance. The management encourages employees to work hard and play hard. Everyone is passionate about seeing each other succeed and for the product they sell and support.

Cons

Being that it's still a relatively young company, "growing pains" are to be expected as more efficient work practices continue to evolve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Excited to be working with you all.

Other Employee Reviews for Yelp

"great"

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

great culture, incredible training program, awesome to be working at a company when it's booming and really starting to take off

Cons

cold calling, high stress, if you don't have an incredibly positive outlook and/or believe in the power of Yelp you will not like this job at all

"Revolving Door- Rapid Turnover and Relentless Sales Tactics"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome perks- apple computers, brand new everything, bright office, free food, drinks, pandora music playing, cheerful, innovative, fast-paced, best technology, very forward thinking company. Smart people to work with- everyone is young, smart and talented. Learned a lot about an Internet company.

Cons

Wasn't given a chance and then I was abruptly let go without being able to prove myself. Was given a crappy sales territory, had very high expectations for the territory that I don't think anyone could meet, boss wanted me to do unethical things in order to get sales, soo much pressure. I was working 12 hour days doing sales on the phones, and I was still let go. Kind of hate this company.

Advice to Management

Slow down- just because you're working fast, doesn't mean it's effective. It's very costly to hire people and have fast turnover. Cool your egos- too many egos running rampant in the company.