Employee Review

Former Employee

Great

Mar 25, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved it for the work

Cons

Too many employees at work

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's great that you saw the value of your work at Yelp. As many businesses recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is growing quickly to meet the demands of our customers. This means change is constant - but also, change means tons of opportunities on the horizon for our employees. We're thankful for your contributions and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

love this job!

Jun 23, 2021 - Community Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

love this job! the best!

Cons

nothing it was all great

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

In this very competitive job market, find any other opportunity.

Jun 23, 2021 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were some great people and this was a nice opportunity to get something on my resume post college without any experience.

Cons

Oh, where to begin. Salary is alright, not exactly competitive but becomes competitive if you stay there for 2 years+. The insane turnover rate was uninspiring, one day you'd walk in to a new teammate because, "Bob quit via email last night. Here's your new teammate Tom. Let's hit the phones!" During my tenure I witnessed people quit via text, walk out at lunch, leave notes on desks, and just not show up. The nonstop BLARING of America's Top 40 Pop Hits, I believe mentioned in several other reviews, is enough to make you never want to listen to music again. But it wasn't the next-level micromanaging, anxiety attacks, "sick beer kegs in the office", impractical daily metrics, or constant verbal abuse over the phone from business owners that really drove me out of there. One of my teammates and myself witnessed an incident where a teammate (who had previously had several 'incidences' that resulted in zero disciplinary action) said some incredibly vulgar things to my manager that created a very uncomfortable and hostile work environment. Once again, no disciplinary action, so the witnessing teammate and myself took the issue to HR. HR asked us to recap the entire scenario, vulgar words and all, which was uncomfortable for the two of us, but in the end it was his word against ours, and no disciplinary action was taken. My teammate quit the following day and myself not far behind her.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yelp.