Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Put in Work, Make Money

May 4, 2021 - Elite Account Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance, Coworkers, Freedom

Cons

Repetitive, difficulty adjusting to remote.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Difficult but Fulfilling

May 14, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most fulfilling job I've ever had

Cons

Some individual employees are serial sexual harassers. Be careful about who your manager is.

Yelp Response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The safety of our employees is a top priority. Our hiring process includes a strict background check to ensure that we are doing all we can to foster a safe and inclusive work environment to protect our employees. We take these claims very seriously and promptly, thoroughly, and objectively investigate each claim we receive. We would like to look into your feedback more closely and invite you to share more details with us at employeefeedback@yelp.com.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

6 years at Yelp

Jun 4, 2021 - Senior Elite Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will meet the most compassionate, funny, and caring people and makes lifetime connections and friends. The job has clear cut expectations and gives you all the tools and training that you need to be successful. Anyone that works hard can succeed. I liked the AE role and never left it for 6 years. I like working with local businesses and helping them. I like how the commission structure clearly states how much money you can make. I struggled at first but after a few years I was making more money than all the people my age at a job where I could leave at 5:30 with no stress. I personally like structure and routine. I also like knowing exact metrics needed to succeed. If you are determined and work hard the sky is the limit for you. I stayed in the account executive role and was making six figures easily. I had the opportunity to be on the landing team in the Washington dc office. Personally I think the account executive role is the best job in the company.. The job changed my life.

Cons

The job is definitely challenging but that is every sales job. What makes this job special is that you will meet the most caring amazing people and I always felt excited to go into work every day. I will cherish the relationships I made here forever. Everyone supports one another and wants to help each other succeed.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yelp.