Employee Review

Former Employee

Difficult but Fulfilling

May 14, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most fulfilling job I've ever had

Cons

Some individual employees are serial sexual harassers. Be careful about who your manager is.

Yelp Response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The safety of our employees is a top priority. Our hiring process includes a strict background check to ensure that we are doing all we can to foster a safe and inclusive work environment to protect our employees. We take these claims very seriously and promptly, thoroughly, and objectively investigate each claim we receive. We would like to look into your feedback more closely and invite you to share more details with us at employeefeedback@yelp.com.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

good at sales

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

good spot nothing bad to say they paid me well

Cons

lateral movement, some micromanging here and there. could be better

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star review! It's fantastic that you had a great experience at Yelp and that you saw the value of your role. We appreciate your feedback regarding the management style of our leaders. Our goal is to give ample support for our sales team while they learn new sales skills and practice new tactics. This sometimes includes things like barging calls to assist with closing deals or managers having team check-ins multiple times per day to ensure everyone is on-track to achieve their goals. We understand there's always room for growth and improvement, so we'll be sure to share your input with our leadership team.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's fine for the right person

Jul 24, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It's a good place to start your career, though I wouldn't strive for a long term career within Yelp. - The other reps are some of my closest friends

Cons

- Management is okay. My first manager was amazing, my second was a NIGHTMARE. I lost several deals because when I needed manager access for certain issues with accounts, her exact response would be "what do you want me to do about it?" She SUCKED. - You are worthless if you aren't closing deals. I mean...WORTHLESS. I would constantly have to remind myself that I'm worth so much more than this job almost on a daily basis. - A bit cult like. No one likes being there ,but the managers spend way too much time trying to convince employees the job doesn't suck. - base pay is not even livable. - Yelp wasn't transparent about the commission structure, so I'll put it here: you have to sell $12,000 in ads PER MONTH before you get commission. On top of that, you only make $130 off of $12,000 worth of sales. I hope this puts things in perspective.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yelp.