Employee Review

Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Avp

Jun 1, 2021 - Sales Associate in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment for making friends

Cons

Management was not that good

Be the first to find this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's awesome that you're having a positive experience overall and finding great friends among your teammates. We encourage you to keep having open and transparent conversations with your manager so we can find ways to support you best. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're on the team!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

Sep 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Pay, Leadership, Mission, and Values

Cons

No true cons at this time.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's fine for the right person

Jul 24, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It's a good place to start your career, though I wouldn't strive for a long term career within Yelp. - The other reps are some of my closest friends

Cons

- Management is okay. My first manager was amazing, my second was a NIGHTMARE. I lost several deals because when I needed manager access for certain issues with accounts, her exact response would be "what do you want me to do about it?" She SUCKED. - You are worthless if you aren't closing deals. I mean...WORTHLESS. I would constantly have to remind myself that I'm worth so much more than this job almost on a daily basis. - A bit cult like. No one likes being there ,but the managers spend way too much time trying to convince employees the job doesn't suck. - base pay is not even livable. - Yelp wasn't transparent about the commission structure, so I'll put it here: you have to sell $12,000 in ads PER MONTH before you get commission. On top of that, you only make $130 off of $12,000 worth of sales. I hope this puts things in perspective.

Continue reading
    11 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yelp.