Cover image for Yext

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee

A company that doesn’t care at all about their employees.

Oct 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, or at least those that have been at Yext for awhile. A slew of terrible hiring means that everyone new is more of a burden than they’re worth. Similarly, the perks were great before they were all taken away. If they’re ever reinstated (doubtful), it’ll be a small win to counterbalance the fact that we’re paid about 30% under market value.

Cons

I don’t know where to begin. I can only describe working at Yext as screaming into a void. Management is grossly incompetent and we greatly need outside hires in manager roles, yet Yext continues to promote the wrong people...promote for no pay raise I might add (did I mention none of us have gotten a salary increase in 18 months?). There is zero top-down leadership. Management somehow spends months on projects that unbelievably make our processes worse. Yext does not care about its people, point blank. That is the underlying cause of all of this. The CEO, slurring his words in a nonsensical all hands, will lie to your face and tell you otherwise, and later that same afternoon will announce that pay raises have been postponed again. Like your job role at Yext? Don’t count on it staying the same for more than a week. Our responsibilities change nonstop, meaning that the job you sign up to do will not be the job you end up with. Yext asks it’s people to take on the responsibilities of two levels upward and then refuses to give you the title or pay to match. Speaking of Upward, what an absolute joke. Think your salary is insulting? Well, Yext will hire a whole class of fresh-faced rotational analysts making more than you just to really rub salt in the wound. Oh, they’re compensated that way because they don’t get a salary increase for 18 months you say? Couldn’t imagine what that’s like...

19 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A+ Company

Nov 11, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic work culture and work/life balance. People are generally amazing, supportive, and responsive.

Cons

Turnover is tough, but understandable in this market. Believe things will stabilize over time

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Irresponsible leadership

Nov 15, 2022 - RVP of Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work from home policy. Free drinks and snacks at Corp offices. Top performers are paid well.

Cons

Don't be fooled by Yext messaging. Executive leadership are skilled at constructing a positive appearance for the street. Although, once behind the curtain, you will find most team leaders (AVP and up) to be tone deaf, jaded and apathetic toward the employees, unless it is in their short term best interest. They say the right things, but have little respect for the opinions or welfare of the workers. The senior management practices favoritism on steroids. Their is an small, active group of longer term employees who are members of the "secret handshake group". They quietly support each other and are the beneficiaries of a biased culture of private messaging via Confide or open favoritism during company calls, events and benefits. This is a company that is working to boost their value through employee RIF's (3 so far in 2022) and employee compensation changes/downgrades (coming soon). The new CEO (former Chairman) openly admitted that the stock price is all that matters to him. He has boasted about not receiving a base pay and all of his compensation will come from an increase is the stock price. As an employee, run before you are the next beneficiary of his draconian cuts to make the bottom line appear positive in an effort to drive up the stock price so he receives his payday.

3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yext.

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission 🔎 Yext helps organizations answer every question about their business. Our Answers Platform collects & organizes...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Engineering, Interns & New Grads
  • Sales
  • Services & Support

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Yext Job Seekers Also Viewed