Cover image for Yext

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good first job experience, but little room for development or growth

Apr 30, 2021 - Platform Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Generally, I loved my team. The people were overall a plus - The food stipend I got was a nice benefit for a time - The benefits were generally good and the autonomy to take breaks from the desk were appreciated

Cons

- The organization clearly prioritized developers over other engineers and technical resources, which was demoralizing - Their upper management seemed pretty incompetent while I was there, but I believe that it was on an upward trend by the time I left - It was a less professional, more casual tech startup environment- one which, at times , felt a bit fratty and informal. I believe this may have limited my development while I was there. - Workplace culture (later hours, mainly stock-based comp, many manual processes that were labor intensive, stocked booze cart and seamless benefits) created a place that people had issues checking out from, and the "unlimited flex" PTO for employees meant that employees with a book of business were pressured to not take time off. it was very unhealthy - you will discover little upwards mobility once you hit the 2-3 year mark - for certain positions, comp was well under market value. I wish I had shopped around earlier to see similar comps earlier in my tenure

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Yext Intern Review

Dec 2, 2022 - Software Engineer Intern in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Pay Great Mentors Fun Intern Activities Lots of Opportunities for Experience

Cons

No downsides experienced working at Yext

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay Away… unless you desperately need work.

Nov 30, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Solid offices across the globe. -Flexibility to work remotely.

Cons

-Lots of turnover of great people with zero communication about it which hits morale hard. - Seems to be a lot of career stagnation and lack of manager investment in helping everyone on their teams - A general lack of friendliness and a "we're on the same team". Plenty of instances of people projecting their stress and anxieties on others in not-so-nice ways. Lack of empathy in many parts of the culture that I've experienced - No one seems to have a good work life balance and there is a lot of poor systems that create more work overall that could be avoided with better internal communication and alignment - The culture generally just feels down when you are in smaller groups where people can be honest, and falsely positive elsewhere.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yext.

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission 🔎 Yext helps organizations answer every question about their business. Our Answers Platform collects & organizes...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Engineering, Interns & New Grads
  • Sales
  • Services & Support

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Yext Job Seekers Also Viewed