Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best company I've worked for

Dec 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Yext for 7 + months now. I can say I am very happy here. Non-micromanaged, great environment, straightforward work, and fantastic relationships with my cross functional higher ups, managers, and team members.

Cons

None. I love my job at Yext and I can't think of any.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Correcting Course - High Upside

May 9, 2022 - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enterprise search needed to be reinvented and Yext is doing just that

Cons

None, if you work hard.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering org in free fall. Leadership shuffle likely too late to save the company.

Apr 21, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

New offices Good people Social culture, friendly coworkers Good work life balance

Cons

The company is in free fall, with the stock price at the lowest levels it has ever been, and people are running for the doors. Virtually no internal transparency. Engineering comp is not competitive with changes in market rates after the start of covid. Poor decision making and unclear product vision. Founder CEO exited spontaneously, potentially ousted, after almost a year of the company not performing up to expectations. The new CEO transition likely happened too late. It was obvious some major changes were needed for almost a year before it happened, and leadership did NOT address any of these concerns. Engineering culture has historically been excellent, but strong performers have been exiting in droves for almost a year now and leadership is not addressing it or doing anything to fix it. Other departments aren't held accountable for not doing their jobs, e.g. IT/Desktop and Facilities. Many seem to be doing the bare minimum in their jobs and lack any passion they once had. Diversity and inclusion efforts are a joke. Yext does not care about changing its processes to hire diverse candidates and that's incredibly obvious from looking at the dismal percentage of women and people of color hired in technology. People trying to fix this culture are not receiving support from leadership.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yext.