KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people / Zero Process

Jun 2, 2022 - Account Executive Mid-Market in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many of the people are kind and helpful The NYC office is brand new and incredibly designed

Cons

Sales Leadership never provided a clear message as to what’s working / what isn’t. It always seemed like a guessing game without any tangible evidence to present. GTM strategy is in shambles, forcing leadership to request a high volume of outreach with no real thought out messaging behind it, causing a LOT of rejection or silence. The products sold feel very separate from one another although Yext prides itself in saying they coexist. Updated product content and examples are scarce. Post sale implementation/ client success management becomes a full time job as well. Quota was rarely met, with spiffs included. Lots of company churn is leavings silos in departments and forcing sales team to provide a larger territory to remaining AEs giving them more than they can chew. Overall, Yext has reached its limit with existing product and market audience and their latest product never really got traction due to its inconsistency/ rushed deployment.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and culture

Oct 1, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineers are excellent at what they do. Culture is very positive and supportive. Good mix of being chill but also taking pride in our work.

Cons

Stock price went way down over the last year, leading a few experienced engineers to take jobs elsewhere.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exactly what I was looking for

Aug 22, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Yext has a market leading product that is evolving quickly, so we're always in a good spot in competitive conversations. NYC office is incredible, great culture all around, but specifically has a healthy sales culture. The leadership team is super knowledgeable and really focus' on building you into a better seller. Tons of enablement so that you have what you need going into calls. As the market and customer perception evolves, you will always need new materials, and this team is on it. I've been at very large sales orgs, and super small ones (5 people sales teams). Each one of them had their pros and cons. At the large companies there were lots of politics, red tape, etc. At smaller companies you have no enablement, no market share, sometimes no product fit, and the product team can't keep up with market leading features and needs. Yext fits perfectly in the middle. It has all of the benefits of having a large team, but it has the feeling of a smaller startup.

Cons

I'm honestly very happy working at Yext. I will say that when I first started, my base pay was on the lower side of this competitive market, but that's changed since then.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yext.

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects...More

• Sales
  • Engineering
  • Yext Overseas
  • Upward

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Yext Job Seekers Also Viewed