Cover image for Yext

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Irresponsible leadership

Nov 15, 2022 - RVP of Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work from home policy. Free drinks and snacks at Corp offices. Top performers are paid well.

Cons

Don't be fooled by Yext messaging. Executive leadership are skilled at constructing a positive appearance for the street. Although, once behind the curtain, you will find most team leaders (AVP and up) to be tone deaf, jaded and apathetic toward the employees, unless it is in their short term best interest. They say the right things, but have little respect for the opinions or welfare of the workers. The senior management practices favoritism on steroids. Their is an small, active group of longer term employees who are members of the "secret handshake group". They quietly support each other and are the beneficiaries of a biased culture of private messaging via Confide or open favoritism during company calls, events and benefits. This is a company that is working to boost their value through employee RIF's (3 so far in 2022) and employee compensation changes/downgrades (coming soon). The new CEO (former Chairman) openly admitted that the stock price is all that matters to him. He has boasted about not receiving a base pay and all of his compensation will come from an increase is the stock price. As an employee, run before you are the next beneficiary of his draconian cuts to make the bottom line appear positive in an effort to drive up the stock price so he receives his payday.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great internship

Jan 25, 2023 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very nice and friendly

Cons

No such cons I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work!

Jan 20, 2023 - Campus Programs Coordinator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked in an environment with such welcoming and thoughtful individuals. I have felt incredibly supported during my time here and have even been encouraged to pursue projects that interest me, even if it is not directly related to my role. The work-life balance here is perfect, but I actually find myself wanting to hang out with my coworkers! I would recommend Yext to anyone.

Cons

No true cons! The management team is very transparent with all of the employees. Though the company is changing a lot, I never feel in the dark.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yext.

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission 🔎 Yext helps organizations answer every question about their business. Our Answers Platform collects & organizes...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Engineering, Interns & New Grads
  • Sales
  • Services & Support

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Yext Job Seekers Also Viewed