Yoga Yoga - Disappointing. | Glassdoor

"Disappointing."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Free Yoga. Well intentioned Yoga teachers.

Cons

Upper management.
Destructive work environment.
High turnover.

Advice to Management

You need to improve your attitude, and the treatment of your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Yoga Yoga

"Great people, working at a great place on a great mission!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yoga Yoga full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As one of our Founders said: "Yoga is not about touching your toes, its about opening your heart."
    Each day I am doing a job that helps people help themselves. It is great work and 99% of what I sell will never end up in a trash heap because we sell a service that available for people of all ages and abilities. Which is pretty amazing.
    You get Free Yoga at all locations.
    Exposure to National Teachers, discounts on events, retail, spa and trainings.
    Wear yoga clothes to work and no shoes all day long, plus unlimited freshly made organic tea!
    If you're having a stressful day you can just jump into a yoga class, which I try to do often.
    A great and very friendly community of students and teachers.

Its not all tea and yoga, in fact there is a lot of hard work that goes behind keeping a bunch of empty rooms in business. Nothing comes easy and it is absolutely a "job". The team I work with is supportive, professional and open to hearing questions, criticism/concerns and of course praise!
    I don't just have co-workers, I have friends and we all work together and help each other.
    I have grown every year I have been at Yoga Yoga professionally(in what I do and have learned), personally(in my yoga practice), in title, responsibility and pay. All of which has required hard work, dedication and patience.
    It has not been easy....but good things take work.

There is absolutely room for growth at Yoga Yoga...if you want it.

Cons

I've worked for several privately owned companies in my life and they all struggle with similar problems. Yoga Yoga is no different. Which means things can be challenging as the company is growing. You often have to where multiple hats and work in multiple departments, this can be confusing and challenging. This can and has caused problems. But a problem is a challenge and challenge is an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to set your employee's up for success and you shall find success. Keep being open to feedback and ideas. Be the forklift, be the lighthouse.

Yoga Yoga Response

Jun 2, 2016 – HR Manager

Your insightful review is greatly appreciated and we continue to work towards solving those opportunities that small businesses face on a regular basis.

2. "Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Yoga Yoga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The community that converges around Yoga Yoga is amazing, and it's a great place to work if you don't have to deal with upper management. Free yoga and free or discounted trainings are a huge perk.

Cons

As previous reviewers have stated, the owner of the company views his employees as replaceable and does not value them. He knows there are always more people vying to work at a yoga studio, so treats people poorly, is frequently unprofessional and encourages upper management to be as well. I have never experienced being cussed at in a professional environment as often as at Yoga Yoga, and much of the behavior exhibited by upper management crosses the line to abusive behavior.

Advice to Management

You have a great team - trust them and treat them with professional respect. Courses in how to manage people would benefit the core leadership team, and a better allocation of resources would solve many of the financial difficulties.