Youth Villages - WeWew | Glassdoor

"WeWew"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Managers really care about their employees. We try to have fun in the middle of our hard work.

Cons

Some positions in the company make it challenging to have a good work/life balance. This is something managers are constantly working on.

Other Employee Reviews for Youth Villages

1. "Great place to make a difference for children and families"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive co-workers. Team approach.
    Committed to using the most effective approaches to helping children and families with the most difficult issues.
    Good benefits, tuition reimbursement for extra education, support for licensure.

Cons

It's hard work helping really challenging kids and families.
    The jobs aren't easy, but there are great emotional rewards and lots of team support.

Advice to Management

Share more info with staff.

"Great Vision, Great Talk, but this office is too caught up in itself."

Former Employee - Family Intervention Specialist in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Family Intervention Specialist in Woburn, MA

I worked at Youth Villages full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Clients and a few of the coworkers

Cons

Cliques, Overworked and the only people that give the company high marks are not in the field. Lot's of promises made to employees and are then redacted. Promises of support made to clients, but then it falls on the clinicians to follow through with little to no support from the company. 60 hour work weeks are not appropriate when doing clinical work. Extremely high turnover and very few trained clinicians, including those in supervisory levels.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to your regional mgrs and directors and start looking and listening to your clinicians. A high turnover is a sign that there is something wrong. I have worked on-call jobs 24/7 support jobs before and it did not phase me because I had excellent clinical supervision and support from actual professionals. However when a 'clinical supervisor' (even though I had a license and she did not) criticizes for the amount of hours a clinician is working, assigns more paperwork, tells the clinician to find work/life balance and not work so much and then assigns more arbitrary deadlines and paperwork, that does not improve the services provided to the client or help the clinician grow. Advice to upper management, realize that a supervisor assigns paperwork and looks at deadlines. A clinical supervisor is someone that fosters clinical growth and improves services. A leader is someone that guides, empowers, strengthens and leads people through example. There are no leaders in this office and all your real clinical supervisors leave due to the lack of support. You have excellent clinicians leaving every day while the people that remain or get promoted are ones that are in a clique, speak the YV lingo, espouse 'models' and show no innovative thinking.