Yum! - Working hard doesn't give you a better pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Yum!

"Working hard doesn't give you a better pay."

Former Employee - Cashier in Somersworth, NH
Former Employee - Cashier in Somersworth, NH

Pros

If you want to cook this can be a good place to get experience because you'll have to learn how to fry. It's basic and a good for beginners.

Cons

I worked hard there, I did everything that was asked of me and picked up other peoples slack when because they wouldn't do there job. I did this in hopes that my hard work would be noticed and because I like organization and cleanliness. I also trained incoming employees and after a short while was able do multiple jobs there. Whle the manager and other employees took smoke brakes when we had no customers I stayed inside to make sure that if any customers came in they would be taken cared of.

When they hired a new person once again I was asked to train the trainee and found out a few weeks after her being there that she was making more then me. I was more experienced, worked hard, a team player and she had next to no experience and was making more then me. I wasn't disliked there because everyone that worked there all hung out or went to parties after work together from time to time, even the manager. So there was no reason competence wise or personality wise that they would not want to pay me more over a new trainee. It was greed.

If they could get away with paying someone that works hard a small amount they were willing to do it. They did not value anyone as an employee and because of it I quite. When I told them I was quiting they offered me a raise that would be the same as the new trainee. When I turned down there offer they offered an additional 25 cent raise. I again turned them down and left there for good. Had they valued me and rewarded me for my hard work I would've stayed, but that was not the case.

Advice to Management

Value and reward your hard working employees and you will have less stress in your life and theres. Business will be better and customers will be more satisfied.

Other Employee Reviews for Yum!

1. "Satisfied"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

There is a strong culture of teamwork, collaboration, and positve energy. Employees are supportive of one another and there is very little backstabbing. Also, management is pretty understanding about time off for family or personal reasons.

Cons

Advancements and promotions are kind of a mystery. Everyone's performance is measured by achievement of goals, etc., but there is definitely an undefined subjective element which determines which people get promoted faster.

Advice to Management

Establish some sort of process to rotate talent through jobs at the brand level and corporate. Also, better training resources to non-restaurant level employees.

2. "Yum...How we work together spirit doesn't link with how we treat our people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

Diversity
    Global company
    Growth
     fast paced
    nice quality of life

Cons

mediocre leadership
    inward focus
    unhealthy
    fake adverstising
    too political

Advice to Management

Treat your folks better
    help them accomplish goals