ZAGG - Vipers Nest | Glassdoor

"Vipers Nest"

Current Intern - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Intern - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working on the Sales Team. My team is awesome. The company has a Christmas party and tries to get us all fired up and excited about upcoming company news. Company has made improvements to the brand and logo.

Cons

So many challenges with product quality issues that we frequently deal with unhappy vendors, inventory surplus on products we can't sell, and then take the beating for not selling items that the customer does not want. The new president is a politician who is ultimately disconnected from the real issues, does not listen to the employees and pushes blame and punishment on the wrong sources. Product innovation is lacking due to high staff turnover and unhappy employees, thus resulting in dissapointment to the vendor who stock our product. Employees are rewarded for snake like behaviors...backbiting, blaming, yelling, accusing, and shifting responsibility. Poor communication at all levels of the business and employees carry a heavy work load resulting in burnout and productivity issues. Company seems to hire externally and not within the organization. No advancement opportunities are encouraged or provided.

Advice to Management

Work with Product Development on the quality and innovation issues. Listen to your sales team. They are talking directly with the vendors and know what they want to distribute on their shelves to their customers. Trust the sales team on issues relative to ideas and innovation that will help us have a cutting edge in sales. Reward employees for taking ownership instead of rewarding those who push blame. Encourage positive and professional communication at all levels of the business including the Execs. The President needs to open his eyes to the real issues and stop firing good, honest hard working people so he can say he got rid of the problem, a strategy used in politics. Be honest with your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for ZAGG

"Canoe without Ores"

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff. Fun products.

Cons

Office location is in an industrial construction area of Salt Lake, which poses challenges for customer access and employee safety. I have witnessed the President and CEO engaging in hostile communications with multiple employees. No room for growth or advancement. Company hires younger and inexperienced employees typically due to low salary offerings. Company leadership encourages group think. Executive team is heavy for the size of the employee base. Salaries of Executive team substantially exceeds that of the next level leadership and significantly overcharges for the growth and contribution. Company is experiencing a substantial decline in staffing and sales resulting in an enormous change to stocks. Company's future is dangerously unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Get a new president and CEO

"Exciting to work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at ZAGG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I was at ZAGG, I felt like it was an exciting place to work. The company was growing like crazy, and they did a good job of pumping up the employees. It wasn't big and bureaucratic, and the overall feeling was very entrepreneurial.

Cons

Sometimes the cheerleading aspect of the company culture was a little over the top, in my opinion. Compensation also could have been better, though I was very new to the job market so my negotiating skills weren't the best.